Bedroom Bits and Pieces

Friday, June 26, 2009

Welcome to a little bit of my serenity.

My bedside table.

Raindrops on my mirror.

I have very tall ceilings in the bedroom and I wanted something big to fill the space above the bed. I saw this fabric wall hanging in the Domino magazine and kept the tear sheet in my inspiration folder for quite awhile. The flowers and faces resonated with me. You can see two faces initially, but I have counted four faces in the picture. {wall hanging kit from Textile Arts}


My big blue chair is a Craigslist find. The back of this chair reclines all the way down and in the evening our dogs use this chair as their bed.





I wanted my bedroom to be a space that was relaxing of course and a space that reminded me of the water. I guess since living near Seattle for most of my life the water is just a part of me, but mostly I wanted the space to remind me of the "Living Water", the water that sustains me and fills me daily.

5 comments: